|Type:||Temp to Hire|
Clayton Services, a staffing provider, is seeking a Lead Shipper for one of our valued clients in the Central Houston (77032) area. Clayton provides highly qualified professionals to Houston area companies.
Lead Shipper Responsibilities:
• Prepare domestic shipping documents – bill of ladings, packing slips, shipping labels and ensure that special shipping and packaging instructions are followed.
• Prepare international shipping documents – NAFTA, pro-forma invoice, commercial invoice and shippers export documents.
• Ensure NAFTA documents are current and filed.
• Coordinate with corporate logistics management.
• Ensure company’s routing guides are followed.
• Ensure all outgoing shipments are scanned on to truck – check and balance for material handler.
• Schedule all freight collection.
• Ensure effective communication with sales department for shipping and order processing inquiries.
• Track and monitor shipments to ensure company’s on-time delivery goals are achieved.
• Post all shipments in SAP prior to invoicing.
• Manage customer pick up shipments – coordinate issues with sales department.
• Responsible for internal management shipment processing.
• Comply with all safety and quality policies, specifications, regulations, and instructions, including wearing required personal safety equipment; utilizes and abides by ISO and Safety Procedures.
Lead Shipper Requirements:
Education Required: High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
• Ability to perform lifting or moving 25 – 75 lbs. and able to distinguish colors.
• Secondary contact for after-hours emergencies.
• Back-up to warehouse manager.
• Assist with Goods Receipts.
• Prior distribution center warehouse experience, strong knowledge of shipping, receiving and warehouse operations methods and practices.
• Highly organized and attention to detail – able to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Able to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
• SAP preferred, MS Office Suite knowledge is required.
• Forklift is a plus
Great Temp-to-Hire opportunity paying $19 per hour. M-F, 8-5. Great team to work with. Apply today and view our other great job opportunities at www.claytonpersonnel.com.