Position Details: Staff Accountant
|Temp to Hire
|The Woodlands, TX
Clayton Services, a staffing provider, is seeking a Staff Accountant for one of our valued Woodlands area non-profit clients. Clayton provides highly qualified professionals to Houston area companies. The Staff Accountant provides daily accounting functions and reports to the CFO.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Accounts Payable processing, General Ledger maintenance, Deposits and reconciliations of checking & investment accounts, Semi-Monthly Payroll, and Monthly financial statement preparation for several not-for-profit entities.
- Accounting of funds received for pre-registration, onsite registration and sponsorship monies for multiple scientific/academic conferences.
- Provide financial information to outside CPA firm for preparation of annual Form 990’s; Prepare Form 1099’s, small state returns, and the 403b annual tax filing.
- Set-up ACH payments and initiate wire transfers for stipend payments and employee 403b retirement plan.
- Assist Senior Accountant and Chief Financial Officer with external audits and other projects as directed.
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Prefer CPA
- 5+ years of directly applicable experience
- Prefer experience in non-profit organizations
- Familiarity with Sage Intacct accounting software a plus
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, and Access
- Productive and comfortable working cooperatively with a small staff, highly collegial work environment
- Strong organization skills and consistent, reliable attention to detail
- At ease with simultaneous, multiple projects, meeting deadlines and alteration of priorities
- Ability to self-start, work independently and achieve high standards to meet multiple deadlines
- Proven record of sound judgment, analysis, problem-solving, discernment and decision-making
- Proven ability to communicate in timely, reliable, accurate and professional manner verbally and in writing with board members, senior leaders, mid-level managers and external or internal staff
Staff Accountant - Fantastic opportunity to work with a highly respected non-profit with potential advancement opportunity. Light travel, 1-2 trips per year. This is a Temp-to-Hire position paying 60K-70K. Apply today and view our other great job opportunities at www.claytonpersonnel.com!